Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Turcot should definitelly die.

Two weeks ago I read a cover story on the Turcot Interchange by the Montreal Mirror. Obviously, this would be a non-event had I not had some beef with the way the Mirror covered the story. So I decided to write back and tell them how I feel about their article.

Here is a link to the original story, and here is a link to my reply.

The first issue after the Turcot story did not feature my letter, but instead had a letter from someone who agreed with the Mirror's view. When I saw that, my reaction was to loose all faith in the so-called "independent" media.

Then, last week end, sitting inside a steaming hot Dieu du Ciel bar, I just reached for a copy of the Mirror sitting in the racks near the door, you know, just in case they had decided to print my letter after all.

And little do you know, they had indeed printed it. So I guess my opinion of independent (without quotes this time) media improved immediately.

The cover photo of the Turcot Interchange in the Mirror was kind of nice, that's what caught my attention in the first place.



And here is my reply:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?