Monday, April 27, 2009

Avaaz on the offensive in the cliamte change front

The online activism group Avaaz is back on the offensive on the question of climate change. I like Avaaz's approach to activism because they engage the population through the traditional mass media outlet that advertisement has become, using the same weapons that interest-specific lobby groups now use to bombard us with their propaganda. Basically, Avaaz is propaganda that aims to boost interest and support for social causes, but I guess their small scale and reach, because of their limited resources, makes their actions OK. I mean, using the enemy's weapons seems a bit hypocritical, but I guess you sometimes need to get a little bit dirty when wrestling with pigs (as a good friend of mine like to remind me, jokingly obviously)

Here goes their spoof-ad on climate change:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?