Thursday, May 20, 2010

Student Movers, that is, from the past

I think I've never mentioned it on these pages, but back in the days, back in summer of 2004, I spent the whole summer working for myself, running a moving company called Student Movers. Our main clientèle was the McGill ghetto kids and I was myself still a student. It was good times, hard physical work, but very rewarding. As a side effect, I also finally grew some small muscles (long gone since). And it was a great experience at managing: answering phone calls, dealing with clients, making and keeping a schedule, looking for employees.

I learned a lot, I made a few mistakes, I payed-off my credit card debts.

Or was it the summer of 2003? I am not even sure anymore.

Well, believe it or not, but Student Movers is still operating to this day (6 or 7 years latter) and is ran by one of the same employees I hired that summer and worked with. Realizing that something that I was a part of so long ago still has an existence on its own is an eye opener.

You can visit the web site of Student Movers to glimpse through a now radically changed window to my past.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?