Friday, September 24, 2010

Too much work to be done, or the sucess of Ida Rubenstein

I started this initiative, where at the end of each month, I dedicate some time to do what I now call "maintenance activities" on my websites.

This was because often I would spend months not following what's really happening with the sites, not checking the stats, the analytics, the revenue (aka, the rapidly shrinking pocket money that these time wasters generate).

Today was one of these days, except that the maintenance activity spiraled out of control. It turns out that there is always much more to do than I expected. Little things left and right, some big things too; anyways, too much work in order to maintain some small sites. It's just ridiculous. It's because I try to do too much on my own. I need to learn how to delegate. But delegate to whom when you don't have the money to pay them? This is another thing I have learned: if you don't pay people don't expect much for them. And I respect that, I think everyone should be payd fairly for their work.

One final thing, while rummaging though the stats, I discovered that this little unknown personally anonymous blog has a page that has somehow become fairly popular: the page about the beautiful Bolero and even prettier Ida Rubenstein. I am happy that his page is getting some attention because I find the painting of Ida are amazing, and Maya Plisetskaya dancing on the magical Bolero is out-of-this-world.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?